dimanche 29 mars 2020

4 years of web development experience but not employable, what to do? [closed]

I have 4 years of web development experience, working on my own 4-6 hours a day Mon - Fri. I was doing well just with advertisment boards, but recently it's not that easy anymore so I started looking for a normal job. I discovered that I do not fit the perfect profile even as a Junior web developer.

Here's the issue. I specialize in wordpress, I've developed more than hundred websites. Small websites, online stores, booking sites. I can do almost anything a client wants. I know a vast amount of plugins for almost any ocassion. I can do all of that very fast and with a decent design. My websites are mobile friendly etc. They meet all the requirements.

My aim was to deliver what client wanted, I've never learnt anything not task related. Because of that I'm very efficient. I know CSS very well, but jQuery and back end languagues only to the degree that tasks I've had required me to do so. I do not write things from the scratch, I only modify modules to meet client requirements.

If were a CEO of a company, I would consider a person like me as a huge asset to the company, delivering what's required quickly and efficiently and knowing about many things related to the job. But employers I've met so far don't think that way. They want candidates to do coding tests which of course I can not do well and require coding knowledge even if it's not task related. I wonder for what? Most clients want just simple websites.

Am I wrong and it's just employers I've met so far? Is it easy to find a job as a web developer? If not, what should I learn now to become employable as quickly as possible? What else should I do?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire