vendredi 27 décembre 2019

What to put on my personal website as a software developer looking for a new job?

I'm a backend software developer and will shortly be looking to change jobs to a different company. I haven't started any applications yet, but I will be in the next month or so.

I have my own domain name (which uses my first and last name). I only really use this for Google Mail and so there's nothing on the website at the moment.

I'd like to put something on the domain website which will help me with my new job search. My criteria are:

  1. Can't be anything too personal - a lot of people can work out the website from my email address and I don't want them to have details that they wouldn't normally have. So having an online version of my CV is a big no no.
  2. I don't have any personal software development projects - Unfortunately I have nothing to present as a portfolio demo and nothing that I could knock up within my timescales. I also don't have anything noteworthy on my GitHub profile either.
  3. Forwarding to LinkedIn profile - seems a bit lazy but perhaps an absolute last resort usage if I can't think of anything else.
  4. Max few days to set up - I can probably spend a maximum of a couple of days to focus on it, so anything substantially more than this won't work for the immediate use.

Are suggestions that work with the above requirements?

Thanks in advance




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire