dimanche 29 décembre 2019

Web Crypto API without ssl

I wrote a little webapp for secure message transfer to learn more about encryption, and wanted to show it to my friends and let them play with it a little, so I hosted it on my little server, and was shocked to find that the Web Crypto API (which I worked my ass off to get to work because it is not very specific in its error messages) REQUIRES SSL ( kinda defeats the purpouse of implementing your own encryption scheme in browsers)!

I already have another API running on that server with SSL, but instead of merging them I wanted to ask: Is there a way to circumvent the secure socket requirement of Web Crypto API, or is there another library out there which allows me to use the same or similar functions in a non-secure context?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire