lundi 29 février 2016

Why do I get a Unexpected Token?

I'm making a website with a sort of javascript application. I worked on it very long, but in the end it all worked. So as I was cleaning up all my code of comments, I refreshed my site and tested this application one more time, but it didn't work anymore. The error that I get says:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token }

Down here at line 13 is where the error occurs.

<table class="calculator" id="calculator">
        <tr>
            <th>Materiaal</th>
            <th>Waarde(&euro;/kg)</th>
            <th>Hoeveelheid(kg)</th>
            <th>Subtotaal</th>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>IJzer</td>
            <td>0,15</td>
            <td>
                <input type="number" min="0" id="ironinput" onchange=calculator( "iron") onkeyup=calculator( "iron") value=0>
            </td> <!--This is where the error occurs-->
            <td id="ironoutput">0.00</td>
        </tr>

This is my javascript:

var materials = ["iron", "copper", "aluminum"];

var iron = 0.15;
var copper = 4.00;
var aluminum = 0.70;

function calculator(material) {
    var input = document.getElementById(material + "input").value;

    switch (material) {
        case "iron":
            document.getElementById(material + "output").innerHTML = (input * iron).toFixed(2);
            break;
        case "copper":
            document.getElementById(material + "output").innerHTML = (input * copper).toFixed(2);
            break;
        case "aluminum":
            document.getElementById(material + "output").innerHTML = (input * aluminum).toFixed(2);
            break;
    }
    document.getElementById("total").innerHTML = getTotal().toFixed(2);
};

function getTotal() {
    var total = 0;
    for (var i = 0; i < materials.length; i++ ) {
        total += Number(document.getElementById(materials[i] + "output").innerHTML);
    }
    return total;
};

I hope someone can help me, I'm a beginner at web development so I hope I can get a relativily easy solution and a explanation why this happens. Thank you guys.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire