vendredi 26 février 2016

MAMP Pro configuration—only partially working

I am testing out MAMP Pro as a stating server of sorts for a LAN. I have a lot of web projects that I keep in a folder in my home directory under /Development/web/project-title and with MAMP free it was easy enough to go to localhost, click on a project and get to work. With MAMP Pro I want to maintain the ability to go to localhost for myself, but also set up a server or two with a static IP address that other people in the office can view.

The latter part is working for one project but not the other, and setting up the server that can be viewed by everyone has broken localhost viewing of the Dev/web directory with a "Forbidden" error. How is it possible that a server can reach "dev/web/project-A" without a Forbidden error, but localhost servers a forbidden error? I don't like it, but I've made every folder up to root drwxrwxr-x and that doesn't help.

the localhost settings are:

Server name: localhost
IP address: *
Port number: 8888
No name resolution
Document root: /Users/Russell/Development/web

The server that IS working is set to:

Server name: nameofsite.stage
IP address: *.*.*.* (my personal static IP address)
Port number: 777
Name resolution:
via /etc/hosts file - yes
via Xip.io (LAN only) - yes
http://ift.tt/1LiOvOT

Like I said, the configuration above works great, but localhost is broken. If I duplicate that latter configuration to create a second server, that second server gives "Forbidden".

Thanks in advance for any help. This will seriously determine if I buy MAMP Pro or not.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire