dimanche 27 mars 2016

How to evaluate a web service framework

I am trying to evaluate different web service frameworks for API development in .Net. So far the frameworks I've been looking at are:

  • ServiceStack
  • MVC
  • Web API
  • NancyFx

I'm trying to find some common talking-points between the frameworks so I know what to look for when picking a framework. The talking points I've got so far are:

  • The Framework beliefs and principles
  • The Architecture of the framework (Client and Service side)
  • The Stack the framework provides you with
  • The Ease of development within the stack (plugins etc)
  • End-to-end performance benchmarks
  • Scalability benchmarks
  • Framework documentation
  • Framework Support (Cross platform etc)
  • Pricing
  • Overall Conclusion

Can anyone think of anything else I should think about? By the end of the research I'm hoping to write about each framework in detail and to make comparisons as to which framework to chose for a given purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire