mardi 29 mars 2016

Bogus news or some obscure language feature, Null last name

I've seen this story on facebook a couple times in the last year, most recently copied here : http://ift.tt/1q9ptIF

Here is another story : http://ift.tt/1KYZJBd

I haven't run into an cases yet where the string "Null" would be treated as an empty form field. The story makes it seem like all these websites can't handle entering someone's name if its "Null".

I mean, sure, a lot of languages use Null or NULL or '\0' or nil or string.empty or any number of things, but I haven't run into any that actually use the string "Null" as a special character meaning a string is empty.

This story seems sort of bogus to me. Are there languages which use "Null"? Maybe there are just a lot of bad programmers out there who set the field to "Null" as a default value and are expecting form fillers to change it? I've never run into a webform that had "Null" in any of the text boxes waiting for me to enter it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire