jeudi 31 mars 2016

WordPress Development with MAMP not working since installing MySQL using terminal

I'm having a problem with localhost servers and databases. I'm by no means a pro at all of this but I've been developing WordPress websites for a short while and have been using MAMP because of how simple it is.

Now I understand that it installs MySQL for you and that apache and php are all included with OS X, but I began learning Ruby on Rails and while I was following a tutorial I installed MySQL manually via terminal and I think I've ran into some collision problems now.

For a while MAMP refused to start the SQL server so I've changed the ports to Apache 8888 and SQL 8889 and now seems to be starting fine (which are the defaults I believe but were different for some reason).

Now I've got two different database locations (I think). One which I can see via the terminal using mysql -u root -p and the other which I can see by launching MAMP and viewing PHPMyAdmin. If I create a database in one I cannot see it in the other, but more importantly when I create the database in MAMP's PHPMyAdmin and try installing WP it doesn't recognise it, is this because my username/password may have been changed for MAMP or should it all be the same?

So far I've been thinking maybe I should uninstall MAMP and do a hard reset for MySQL etc and just use the terminal to manage MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and Apache etc but I'm not sure - is there a better way to go about this? I am working on a WP website for a client at the moment in tandem with a Ruby on Rails project so need to ideally jump between the two!

I'm really confused by this and may not have explained it very well, if I can explain anything in more detail then let me know.

Appreciate all your time, thanks

Arthur




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire