mercredi 30 mars 2016

Web Host vs Business Class Internet for large scale websites?

I have a web site which will potentially gain popularity so fast that I will not be able to keep up with the bandwidth required to keep it running. I noticed that some web hosting sites offer "unlimited bandwidth" for $20/month, but the catch is that their computers are slow as snails compared to mine. I contacted my ISP (Comcast) to upgrade to Business class Internet as it's required for a static IP address. They quoted me at $280 for 50 Megabits download, 25 Megabits upload. They're also forcing me to use their router. Once I get 150+ server requests / second, I will run out of bandwidth.

Am I going to save money or lose money by refusing to use web hosts unless absolutely necessary?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire