dimanche 24 décembre 2017

Embed simple interactive data visualisation in website (Bokeh? Other platforms?)

I've built quite a few data visualisation tools using Python before, relying on the desktop-based GUI tools for user interaction (e.g. Qt), but am now trying to make something more widely accessible in the form of a website.

I'm afraid I have limited web development experience however, and wonder if anyone could recommend platforms / techniques to consider for this project please?

My target is a simple website with a drop-down menu. When the user makes a selection from the drop-down, the relevant data is loaded from a .txt file on the web server and plotted within the website. Having access to tools to zoom and a cursor to indicate the data at mouse position are valuable.

In the future I'd like to extend this to add more complicated features (e.g. user input box, with plotting code executed depending on the input), but for now, achieving the simple case above would be great.

I've found positive comments about Bokeh online, which looks good and seems to support Python code. However, while the examples show me how to plot a single case, I can't work out how to make a drop-down menu in a website that dynamically updates the plotted data.

I aim for the code to be fast, and potentially accesses by numerous web users. If other better options than Bokeh are available, I'm very open to any suggestions or thoughts.

Many thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire