vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Is it ok to use the anaconda distribution for web development?

I started learning Python working on projects involving data and following tutorials advising to install the anaconda bundle, to take advantage of the other libraries coming with it.

So did I and I got confortable with it, I liked the way it manages environments.

During the last months, I have been teaching myself web development with django, flask, continuing to use the anaconda python. But most of the time I install the dependencies I need with pip install though (inside the conda environment).

I've never seen any tutorials or podcasts mentioning the conda environment as an option for developing web apps so I start to get worried. Is it for a good reason?

Everywhere its the combination of pip and virtualenv that prevail. And virtualenv isn't compatible with anaconda that has its own env management system.

My newbie question is: Will I run into problems later (dependencies management in production or deployment maybe?) using the anaconda distribution to develop my web apps?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire