jeudi 26 novembre 2015

MusicXML playback embedded in a webpage

In my (entry level) Music Analysis class we work on many small scores in MusicXML format.

For educational purposes, we would like to share those scores on the web: the webpage should render the score and provide basic playback capabilities (start, stop, playback line are enough).

I looked at the Sibelius Scorch plugin, its feature set it fantastic but the plugin is not supported anymore (neither by the company nor by recent browsers).

The only MusicXML players I could find are cloud based services: you upload the scores to their cloud, and they render the score with playback features. Those cloud based services are either targeting music publishers or professional musicians and are all paid services. So they are not suitable for educational (non-commercial) purposes.

Some of them provide free accounts but they allow only a limited number of scores.

Is there a web plugin or JavaScript library or anything else that I can embed in a webpage to render and playback a score hosted on my server?

The solution should be open source (free) and allow an unlimited number of scores (that I can host on my web server). No, the idea is not to write my own plugin/library.

Thanks a lot in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire