mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Data Structure for holding parsed csv Bus route data

I have a csv file of about 10k rows x 25 columns. The csv contains information of bus routes, stops, etc. I have a select box with all the routes and the user will be able to pick a single route to show on the map, and then they will be able to click on individual stops (another select box) to get a closer look on the map. I am wanting to know what will be the best way to parse and structure to store this information and be able to perform fast queries (database?), and how should I store the result of the query (array, json object, dictionary, data Table?). I won't need all columns every time, so I will pick the useful columns to make the query a little faster.

Each time a user will select a different route, I will make a query to get all the stops and other relevant information and loop through the data to display it on the map (maybe store results of last 5 queries?). What will be the best way to store this result? Showing the specific stop information won't be too big of a deal since it will be a smaller subset of the already queried results.

Let me know if you need any additional information that will assist with the answers.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire