vendredi 29 novembre 2019

Redirect with custom link to an external source and track the redirect

I want to share links like https://ift.tt/2OxudHm where twitter/headline represents the link I put in my twitter headline. Then I use something like nginx to configure what would happen. I want to redirect the source to an external page like a profile and I want to track how many people clicked the link with something like bitly or google analytics or does anyone know an elegant solution for my use case?

Problems with bitly 1. You can not have two links for the same destination. So let's pretend I have domain.com/twitter/a and domain.com/twitter/b and both redirect to two bitly links that forward to my linkedin profile. This does not work.

Problems with Google Analytics 1. ga is not made to track redirects. it can track where the traffic comes from but since I forward to external sources like linkedin I cannot put a ga code on my linkedin profile to do it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire