jeudi 28 novembre 2019

Decimal Line-Heights - Does it makes any difference?

I've been doing web design for a few years and lately I've been learning a lot about typography, as everyone, I had the curiosity to inspect different websites and see how they are doing stuff.

What I'm finding odd is that design applications like Figma or Sketch does not allow decimals for line-heights. For example, if I'm having a 18px font-size, and a line-height of 140%, or 1.4, that would result into a 25.2px line-height. Figma is rendering the line-height as 25 and Sketch doesn't even allow decimals for line-heights. Even tho, in CSS it's possible to set a line-height to that value.

As a designer, I'm always using baseline grids, and I don't know how to manage some line-heights.

And a few people told me that even tho there are decimals into a line-height, it's still rendered as an integer, which is wrong, you can definitely go to an website and try to change the line-height from 22.3 to 22.4 and you will see the change.

I'm really curious about this...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire