dimanche 29 septembre 2019

Site Developement in Pure C

I'm a systems programmer, accustomed to C. But I want to make a site for my project. Given my systems programming background, I had the idea to use the trusty old C, but people called me crazy (in fact they used worse words). When I asked to elaborated, they said that C is obsolete, not well supported and I wont find any free or cheap hosting supporting bare metal C. They also don't want to maintain C code after me.

These are valid reasons, but a bit on the subjective opinionated side - not enough to push the hardened C/C++ fanatic into learning PHP, which I know is buggy and slow (alternatives like Ruby are even slower - I benched). I heard, they even rewrote Facebook code into C++, because PHP was slow and inflexible. Moreover, PHP favors the-shared-nothing architecture, while in C I can just fire pthreads inside single process with in-memory key-value DB, and it will be lightning fast. If I need some higher level scripting, I could just attach a LUA interpreter.

So is there any single big reason people shouldn't develop web sites like they say develop video games?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire