jeudi 26 septembre 2019

Maps & Geocoding JS Module

So, there's plenty of fish in the pool and it got to be very confusing for someone new in this area.

My specific use case, is to show a small map of an address (including street number) to show where someone resides. The application uses webpages as UI and is Chromium based, so using a web-api is a reasonable choice (the host application runs on Desktop Systems with a Python/C/C++ mix). The application is for doctor's offices and it can be reasonably useful for them to know roughly where they might be going - but it won't be used for any actual routing.

If I were to go with the well known google maps API, it looks like I'd either need to instruct users to get their own API key and then for the application to embed that key, or I'd have to pay myself (which would quickly surpass the usefulness of this feature)

So I'm looking for free alternatives, that just need to resolve an address to put a marker on a map - can even be entirely static.

I've looked at a few, such as OSM, but it seems to not understand street numbers. (Or just not have the data to place them correctly)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire