mercredi 29 août 2018

Seeking advice for making social network like Medium (got lost in many techstacks and frameworks out there)

I am one of those aspiring ambitious youngsters wondering which tech stack to choose for developing a simple social network for sharing ideas (with the same purpose as Medium or alikes but in "Farsi").

I got my head busy with Lynda Learning Paths for becoming a web developer... took some courses in JS, CSS and HTML and didn't finish any of those yet.

For the back-end, I have faced a not-so-easy problem which is, which language/framework/tool to choose for

  1. Rapid Development
  2. ease of coding and deployment as I'm the only member of the team and have to build both front- and back-end.
  3. Least learning over-head as I need to quickly bring something online to test the product and not waist my time and energy finding that no market exists for this product.

I searched every where that I could, and at the very first I put the W/LAMP stack aside as I felt that PHP and MySQL are a bit old-school. Then read about node's "Exquisite Speed" and "Website Integrity" as both Front and back-end are built upon a same foundation.

So I went on with the conventional JS frameworks for this project but didn't find that to be too easy to either learn or code and got lost in many-many big names Gulp Node React Angular Npm Vue and ... although I have currently half-watched a node js essetial training and started a new React js course. (I read somewhere that angular is to complex sometimes, I wanted to continue with MERN stack.)

Then, in last three days I have been playing around with ruby and found love with syntax and the whole concept of it. haven't really used rails but based on comment and reviews it seems that it's a perfect match for my needs, the problem is that I feel it's a dying language and as I put my whole summer into learning JS frameworks and basic web knowledge, I'm not quite motivated and distressed of learning something completely new and not assured of the outcome.

Also I know python, the computational side of it mostly, but I'm familiar with its OOP syntax. but have no experience with Django or Flask.

To end this long long story the question is: What Should I do based on the above mentioned factors shall I continue learning node along side with react to fulfill the task or should I switch to ruby and learn the whole the Rails platform from the very beginning. or shall I freshen my old python skills and dive into Django or Flask.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire