mercredi 28 février 2018

Kotlin framework suggestions for developing a server + client application

guys. I've recently set as a development goal something to which google could not provide me with some accurate suggestions/answers. I hope that some of you guys can help here to get started somehow, as you may have already tried/experienced frameworks for kotlin. I intend to build a complete application that revolves around the idea of tasks and managing your free time/tasks. I know there are plenty of these around, but I want to build one myself to improve myself. These are the following keypoints of the application that I intend to build (I am kinda new to the web development life-cycle, I have read the basics about it and I intend to gain further knowledge by creating this app):

  • Build a back-end app that exposes web-services by REST, which I intend to deploy on a wildfly server. For this, I searched for several frameworks for web development in kotlin and the only one I could find (mature enough or the most suggested) is ktor. Questions:

    1) Can ktor be used to build the REST web-services?

    2) Are there any useful libraries/frameworks you suggest to be used in conjecture with ktor?

  • Build a front-end app that provides a UI to handle those web-services and use them.

    1)What are some popular kotlin-frameworks that are used for front-end development?

    2)Should I give up on front-end with kotlin framework and instead default to something more popular such Angular js?

A few points worth considerating:

  • After building the above, I intend to create an Android app to make use of the back-end app, sort of a 'light' version of the front-end app.
  • The back-end app must utilize Hibernate/JPA and connect to a PostgreSQL database.
  • Having no real-life experience in this web-development cycle, I ask these questions so that I may start with the most recent/popular/indicated frameworks and want to gain knowledge on best practices and don't start off on the wrong foot.
  • Kotlin must be the base language so that I may get accustomed to it. I have given it thought and decided I will go forward with it.
  • This is just an application that I will work for in my free time, nothing special, but I know it will be very time consuming.
  • If I have omitted something/forgot to mention something, please do mention it so that I may provide more details.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire