mardi 31 octobre 2017

Will I get into legal issues if i web scrape/crawl?

I did some research so far, if i want to web scrape/crawl i need to obey robots.txt and terms of service. My question is if everyone who are (i think at least) resellers of some kind of pc components use sites like ark.intel.com to get CPU info to fill out their information on their websites and terms of service say:

Personal Non-Commercial Use: This Web Site is for personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specified or as provided in these Terms, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Materials.

  1. Can this get them in trouble if i make software that would get that info and put it in a database?
  2. How is this legal then, why its still kinda allowed to do it?
  3. Does it make difference if i sell such software or make it for personal use only?

I tried really hard to google this but every answer is vague. Please help me, if I wasnt specific enough i willl add more info, just ask me.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire