lundi 31 août 2015

Gather video thumbnails from an Sites without an API

On some reddit.com subpages, which focus heavily on video content, ( like reddit.com/videos for example ) the links which are beeing posted, always show thumbnails of the videos, in some cases the videos come from various types of sources.

I am wondering how they are doing this. I know that bigger services like Youtube offer APIs, which make that a rather easy task, but in other cases, when an API is not available, it is not that clear to me.

The only thing I could find researching, where services which offer thumbnails for URLs, but those where just screenshots of the full webpage, instead of video thumbnails.

So my Question basically is:

How to gather video thumbnails, from video links, when there is no API available




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire