dimanche 29 août 2021

(Need suggestions/advice) Im trying to make an offline Video player (like youtube) for a local network/LAN

The website I host is on my PC using xampp as a local server

what I want to do is to be able to watch videos on my PC (local files like in C:/ and D:/) from any device on a youtube like website as long as we are on the same wifi.

Here is the problem I have to get around:

at first, it wasn't my plan to use the website over a local network, so it was easy to put sources of videos as "file:///c:/video.mp4" and allow firefox to access local files but now that i access it on a different device it does not work because there is no "file:///c:/video.mp4" on that device

I don't want to store all the videos in htdocs as its not possible since those videos are in different directories.

I have no knowledge about how the backend works and this is my first web dev project so I have no idea how to do this

how can I stream a video that's stored locally on one computer to another? is it possible? (please don't kill me I'm new here)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire