samedi 28 août 2021

Can I export a CSV showing array values of my PostgreSQL database?

I have a a lot of data stored in an Excel file that I update from time to time. I have also have PostgreSQL database that contains tables I will regularly merge with my files.

I want to export my tables from PostgreSQL (in a csv file to make it easier if possible) so I can update the tables.

For exemple I have this

    person: [{ name: "Sarah", 
              tools: [
                       {item: phone}, 
                       {item: trouser}, 
                       {item: pen}
                      ] 
             },
              { name: "John", 
                tools: [
                       {item: computer}, 
                       {item: trouser}, 
                       {item: letter}
                      ] 
               },
             ]

city: [ london, milan ]

In a my exported csv file this willl look like this :

|person| city  |
|  2   |  2    |

Is it possible to show the actual values so I can update it manually ? What are the possible alternatives ?

I use Datagrip and Dableplus to export/import/restore/backup my data.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire