lundi 30 novembre 2020

Where to start with publishing my website?

devs. I spent last few years learning javascript, it's ecosystem, web technologies all on my own and I feel pretty confident in those. Recently I wanted to start my own blog. So I got a raspberry pi (I want to host the website on the pi) and installed Arch Linux on it. But the problem is that I lack the backend knowledge - How to set up the webserver, port forwarding, pushing to production (I want a way to code the website locally and then with a single command "push it to production" instead of having to manually upload files to the server). Plus security is something else I lack the knowledge and yes, I can go and follow any of the available guides out there on how to host your website at home but most of them simply give you the steps without explaining how it all works and this makes me extremely anxious. This thing is gonna be online, it will represent me. I have to understand things under the hood. I have basic Linux knowledge. Where to start guys? I want the quickest path (since learning Linux administration in-depth takes years, backend too..) to learning how to work with this server, take care of it (nothing complex) I just wanna make sure that my server will be up and running, well supported by its owner (me), well secured (and how to do the backups too). If you know something like a single source, a book, a course explaining the matter of how a person can run his own webserver, please share it with me down below.

Thanks, webmaster_project




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire