mercredi 30 janvier 2019

How to get started with building a website that calls an API and turns the XML/JSON response into a list/chart etc?

I have a system, which has an API, with a swagger interface, with which I'm somewhat familiar. The system contains metadata on thousands of publications.

The API can create a response in XML or JSON. So far so good. I'm becoming more and more interested in using the API to create something which uses the API: As an example - I have a website, where I would like to build an app(?) that shows the 10 newest publications, how many times a publication has been downloaded, the number of publications for a given year, how many publications are open access etc.

Main question: How do I get started with building something on a website, that requests the API and turns the response into something, I can show on a website? This could be basic lists, charts, graphics etc. Where do I get started, and what do I need to learn? I don't really have any programming experience so any hints on approach, tech, tutorials or language would be very appreciated.

Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire