lundi 29 juin 2015

Interactive Web 3D scatter plot (thousands of points)

I've been using APIs like Highcharts and Canvasxpress to generate 3D scatter plots. The problem is when I increase the amount of points (tens of thousands or more), I "lose" the ability to interact with the plot. By interact I mean zooming and rotating the canvas by dragging.

When I add too many points, the rotating process gets very very slow (in both Highcharts and Canvasxpress), which is annoying, cause most of the times I end up rotating too much. Plotting itself, even 200k or more points is actually fast, but once all points are plotted, I just can't interact properly.

My points are unevenly distributed. And most of them are overlaped depening on how much I zoom. What I want is some workaround, even if it would involve grouping my data. If there's was sollution involving the APIs (allowing me to maintain all points) would be ideal, but if there's a way to reduce the amount of points but keeping the general "shape", I'd be willing to try.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire