vendredi 26 juin 2015

How can I read data off a web page and use it elsewhere?

I'm trying to build a web app that generates a list of classes offered at a university with each class's lecture hours that allows students to add classes to their calendar.

If the class hours are located at a web page like this online course catalogue, what methods can I use to extract the information? I'm thinking I have to code a program that would go into each class category, and save the name and hours of each class somewhere.

If someone can point me in a certain direction, link a code example, tell me what language or tools to use, or even tell me what this practice is called, it would help me out a lot by allowing me to know what I am supposed to be Googling. I have only built websites using HTML and CSS before.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire