dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Host Application Online, Only Download Newer Version

Excuse me if this is not technically a programming question but I've spent the last 2 weeks on this to no avail.


I want to host my application (vb.net, winform) on a web server, embed the application URL in a config opened by a program used by my client daily. What I want is:


First time the program opens, download and install my application. Every time the program opens after that, my URL is opened and if the application on the server is of a newer version then the one installed on the client's device, install it. If not do nothing.


I want this to be done without opening webpages to the user and asking him to keep clicking on "Next" and so on. It would be annoying if everyday he has to see a webpage telling him he has the latest version of the application installed.


I tried ClickOnce Deployment but couldn't get it to do what I want. It works the other way around, every time the application is opened manually it checks for updates on the server.


Any help would be much appreciated.


Thank you





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire