mercredi 4 novembre 2020

How can I store data for a user in a separate table and have it connected to his specific id? [closed]

I am very new to mysql and I started building a website with php and now I have come to the point where I need to store additional data for every user, but on another table.

Basically now I only store basic data about my users when they register(username, first name, last name, email and password), but when they register they get to make something like a "story" where they give a short/medium size(min 100 chars - max 1000 chars) description of themselves. I need to store that information of them on a separate table and make it accessible ONLY if you open their profile. The thing is that for the past two hours I've been searching on something to put me on the right track, but everything I google leads me to "joining" tables and etc and also some indian tutorials, but nothing that is really helpful to me.

What I am looking for out of this thread is some guidance on what specifically I need to research for my goal, some terminology I need and etc., because as I said I am quite new to databases and I can't seem to find the right direction.

Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire