mercredi 28 juin 2017

How to point the website to a particular Folder in IIS

I am a beginner in web development. I am not sure how to tell the website to point to a particular folder in IIS. I have ASP.Net MVC - 5 Web Application.

Step 1. Bought a domain/url.

Step 2. Bought a server with IP Address (Windows Server).

Step 3. Pointed the url to the Server's IP Address..

Step 4. Have locally published my webapp code from visual studio. And now I need to paste this code on the server.

Question 1. Now where do I need to put the code in server so that the IIS will host it and anyone visiting that website will hit that folder which has all my website code. I am a beginner please guide me.

Question 2. In future I will put another web site code too on that same server, let's say the URL for new web app is xyz.com. How to tell xyz.com to go to the other folder dedicated for it, and not the older one. Basically, How multiple web site hosting will work?

PS: using remote desktop client. I am able to log in to my windows server.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire