jeudi 29 juin 2017

What methods are there for authenticating Internet users to INTRANET resources?

I've inherited an Apache server housing a Wordpress instance. On the wordpress instance we have the typical 'we are/we do/we awesome/contact us' content. I've been asked to setup another area on the website for an Intranet site with the typical employee forms, CEO blog, etc, type content.

Normally I'd just setup an internal webserver on the LAN for this, however I've been told that employees need to be able to login and view this content from the Internet as well (because everyone wants to think about work things from the comfort of their own home).

My first thought is just redirect based on the incoming IP address; if it's from the LAN, straight to the content. If it's from the Internet, redirect to a login page first. Then I got to thinking about sessions and cookies and browser cache and realized this problem must have been solved already. No, VPN is not going to fly as it's "too hard"

What's the best way to authenticate a user to access Intranet content from the internet?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire