samedi 31 décembre 2016

How to make a website like Lonely Planet

First of all I apologise for violating the guidelines for questions on stackoverflow. But, I really don't know where else to go, googling did not help.

I want to make a tourism information website for my country. I have a bucket load of articles on different places and activities, and I want to put them all on the web. I want an interface that allows users to search for stuff by location, e.g. province>city>attraction. And also by type of experience or activity e.g. skiing or desert safari etc. For example see these links

http://ift.tt/93Sswb

and

http://ift.tt/2hAaGSP

What I don't know is how to go about doing it. Well I could imagine putting every articel in a wordpress post and assign categories and tags etc and then use those to display results according to the user's selection. I've also looked at wordpress knowledgebase, but most don't look very good at all and don't work well with themes either.

I feel like there should be a better (profound?) way to do this. I am at a dead end, may be because I can't quite condense what I want to do in to a single line, thus no good googling.

If any one could look at the websites above and tell me what I should be googling. Or if you could lead me to some tutorials etc. Just about anything is appreciated, really.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire