dimanche 29 mai 2016

Ideal time of service response

We are consuming a third party vendor web service and updating our live database with some of the key information. We have scheduled a simple console application that runs every 15 mins and gets around 100 (on an average) records and updates the database. There is also a button provided in the UI that updates the database only for the selected record in real time (calling the same service). This is how we are using the vendor service.

The only problem is the service is taking around 2 to 3 minutes to return the result. I'm having very bad instinct on this 3 minutes of time, won't it effect my system performance as well as i'm keeping my server busy for 3 minutes on every 15 minutes?

Will there be any best practices/guidelines doc that I can share to my vendor and reject/ask for optimize the service ?

Thank you




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire