vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Ethical or security reasons against having a user 'spoofing' tool for a web site?

I want to add a 'doppelganger' function to a website for debugging purposes. By doppelganger, I mean an authenticated user can enter another username and thereon the website will treat the authenticated user as the entered user in every way.

For example, a user has an issue adding comments to a blog. A developer would enter the user's username and the website would let the developer try to comment as that user to try to replicate the issue.

Assuming I trust the authenticated user to use the tool properly, is there any security issues I should consider?

Assuming the tool is secure, is there any ethical issues that I should consider?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire