mardi 20 juillet 2021

Can anyone help me which is irrelevant to coding. It about coding learning story on Udemy

I want to share something with you guys about Udemy and the instructor Angela Yu.

That is interesting!

Several days before I write this topic, I searched some web development courses on Udemy. I just picked up the most popular one “The Complete 2021 Web Development Bootcamp”. I was astonished that there are totally 800k students learning it and it was rated 4.7/5 by 140k students. I thought it was amazing. And the price is 199 CAD. Yes, as a new user of Udemy I am too naive. I thought that price was reasonable as long as the content deserve it. After all it was 2021 web the newest!

After several days learning, I found I was cheated and tricked by that “Angela” and Udemy.

Just keep reading!

First of all, I found it was not up to date at all. It was created several years ago. So the title marked 2021 is completely fraudulent. And then I viewed the low rate review, I cannot be more angry. The “Angela” promise it is lifelong support. But she did not even answer any question from the students. So the title cheated you and the promise is fake.

Secondly, Angela put a brief syllabus after the first course. And it reminds us to download it. So I just subliminally downloaded it. Today, I realized it was a pit. I harbored good expectation toward the “30 days” refund policy. However, when I click the refund request, it showed I am not eligible for refund because I downloaded some content. Ah~~~, I have to say Angela is really a smart lady. She can make you lose the refund policy within 10 minutes’ learning. So she set pit for the students losing their chance to refund.

And last, when I research this course again, the price just plummeted to 16.99CAD. What? What? I cannot believe! And then I google it. I knew Udemy always use this tricks to cheat the new user. Some people said if you just keep flushing the page, it will be dozens of dollars from several hundreds dollars or just wait one day, it will be 20 dollars. I was shocked. This is really unacceptable and unfair to the unsophisticated new user. Can you accept your one million house dropped to one thousand in a short time? No! As a commercial online learning platform, you should use the justified ways to earn money rather than using that tricks.

I am so sad and I cannot even fell asleep. I start with a pure and simple will for online learning. Why the instructor and the platform want to cheat and trick me so bad? I want to cry. As a full time student, no work, no income. I spend 50 dollars for the grocery one week in Canada. I am willing to pay for the knowledge and respect the knowledge. Why they are so bad?

Angela Yu, you are really an “angel(a)”. Shame on you!

And Udemy, I hope I can get my refund and then never visit your website!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire