mercredi 21 décembre 2016

Foolproof method to block adblockers? [on hold]

I have come up with a couple of concepts to block adblockers; I'd appreciate some constructive criticism and any general comment as to whether they're feasible ideas.

First of all, to put into context why I came up with these ideas. Current methods of blocking adblockers predominately send the page content then do the checking/blocking, the problem with this is that the user has the content they want, and so you've blocked them too late.

Idea 1: Before sending page content identify wether the user is blocking ads, if no, send page content, if yes, redirect them to adblock page.

I realised that this could dramatically slow the page load time down and so developed the idea into the following:

Send the main page content, (or all of it depending on what you want), include the adblock identifier script, in the initial content, then if user has adblock, redirect them to adblock page, create a cookie in browser so they are now automatically redirected and no content is sent. Remove cookie once user allows ads to be shown.

Are there any major downsides with the developed idea?

Is it feasible to roll out on a high traffic website with that needs quick load times?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire