lundi 29 mars 2021

Is there any command line style web framework?

In the Python community, there is a popular library prompt-toolkit that allows us to build a command-line tool with auto-completion and syntax highlighting. Some popular tools like mycli are built with it.

When I start to build a web app that will be used by the development team, I don't want to build an app with a complex GUI as it may take time and I am not really good at it. An idea comes to my mind that it would be much easier to build this app if I can use command-line UI instead of traditional GUI. The user sends a command to the app by typing text in the browser, with the help of auto-complete and global search, and a rich-media message will be received after the command being executed.

I have done some research by myself and found there is a similar concept named Conversational UI that design for chatbots. But what I want is different from it as Conversational UI is designed for chat, which uses natural language while the app I want to build is more like a command-line tool. I want to have a UI like mycli which runs in the browser instead of the terminal.

Is there any existed solution that I can stand on, or I have to build such a tool myself? I find there are tools build with a similar idea: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/kui.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire