dimanche 31 mai 2020

Static website I am hosting cannot be reached and the server IP cannot be found

I recently used Google Domains to register a domain and have connected it to Google Cloud Console to manage a static website. I followed the Google Codelabs guide to set it up and faced no issues. However, when refreshing my website, it still doesn't load and my browser (Chrome) gives me the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

[url]’s server IP address could not be found."

As well, going to www.[domain name].dev gives me another error message:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.carbonfootprint.dev (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

...Which is confusing, because I was under the impression that a .dev domain suffix gives SSL certification by default.

However, in my Google Domains settings, the website content appears as it should in the minimized preview that exists in both the Domain Overview panel and Website panel. It has been over 48 hours, so it should have updated by now if it were just a delay issue.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire