dimanche 31 mai 2020

Is node/backend required to save input on a site? [duplicate]

CONTEXT (OPTIONAL)

I know its a duplicate but the other posts didn't answer my problem.

I have a site running on github.io, which I would share but it is currently running a "prank" site and it's really dumb. I did it to test my knowledge and train web development.

I have yet to learn Node and Backend, I don't know much about it so I'm sorry if this seems like a bad question!

QUESTION BEGINS HERE

I have an array at my js file and I want the user to be able to submit strings to it, it does work but only until I refresh the page, only javascript, CSS and HTML are running, no Node, no Backend, is there a way to submit those changes permanently without backend?

edit: And, if I were to use backend, which tools should I be familiar with? I don't know much about server-side programming and client-side, only recently I discovered that there is a difference and I know that node is relevant to the server-side.

EDIT

I'm referring to this post that is about cookies and local storage, but from my understanding, cookies only save data on the client's machine, as do local storage, right?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire