jeudi 28 février 2019

git init. Fatal: cannot stat... Not a directory

Trying to initialize a git repository and receive error -

fatal: cannot stat '.../.git/description': Not a directory.

So I do 'ls -a' and see that it created my .git folder, but it's empty. So I figure it out, and go inside it and create a directory called "description". Then I climb out of the .git folder back into my project folder, and attempt git init again. This time it gives me the same error with a different directory name (since it found 'description', i assume). So I try the same thing with that folder. Upon my next attempt, I get the same error regarding yet another missing folder. Now I don't know too much about what's supposed to be in the .git folder, but I have come to the conclusion that I am not supposed to be responsible for the creation of these subfolders within .git... Anyone know what may be wrong? Below is my .gitconfig file's contents:

[filter "lfs"]
clean = git-lfs clean -- %f
smudge = git-lfs smudge -- %f
process = git-lfs filter-process
required = true
[core]
askpass = git-gui--askpass

I found this question, but the OP here just didn't know how to view the .git folder: git init will not create git directories for me

I have not found anything else directly relating to my issue yet.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire