vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Sharepoint 2016 WFE Server IIS Cannot Browse To Localhost But CA IIS Can Browse

I am building a SharePoint 2016 farm with one WFE server (Front-end with Distributed Cache), one application server (Application with Search), one search server (Search) and one database server. I installed SharePoint 2016 and configured service applications and a web application. Then I attached and upgraded a SharePoint 2013 content database to the web application. Database upgrade seems successful. Within Central Admin, I can see the content database and the site collection contained in content database.

However, in IIS on WFE server, browsing to the website for the SharePoint site does not work - I got blank pages. ULS log shows

Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri

(By the way, browsing to SharePoint Central Administration works in IIS on WFE server)

On the other hand, I can browse to the website for the SharePoint site using browse option in IIS on application server. Accessing from outside of these farm servers works for URL with application server url but not for WFE server url. (browsing to SharePoint Central Administration also works in IIS on application server)

  1. I think that requests for SharePoint webpages should go to the WFE server but not application server, correct? It seems to me that WFE server should be able to serve user requests but it cannot, while application server should not serve user request although it can. Why?

  2. What could be the reasons that WFE IIS cannot browse to the SharePoint site? And how to fix it? I am new to SharePoint so I did not fin d anything apparently wrong in Central Admin and IIS settings.

Thank you for your help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire