vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Building a searchable database with drupal -- where to start

:) I'm trying to build a site that mainly offers a big database of a lot of different tools... those tools all have attributes like user ratings, descriptions, links to further informtaion and so on... the entries should also be linked; that means that the database stores which tools work great together. All the data will be collected manually. The main feature of that site should be a good search function and many options to filter results.

Well, this however differs a lot from an ecommerce system, because a lot of e-commerce stuff isn't used. I don't need any shopping cart or paying options and so on. I did some research and thought drupal would fit my needs; already installed it and tried it out a little bit. I'm new to drupal but not to coding and web design, worked with WP for 4 years and coded quite a bit; i'm also studying IT at university. Well, my question is basically where to start; do you have any tips for tutorials and so on? Maybe something that isn't too general but already leads me in the right direction? Thanks for any help, equi




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire