mercredi 30 août 2017

Legality of moving Google logo in map

So I'm currently developing a web-application that relies heavily on the Google maps API, and as part of the design, I need to have a button in a fixed position in the bottom-left corner of the screen. My issue is that the Google logo is directly where I need my overlay.

My solution to this was to relocate the Google logo to the top-right corner of the map view, as pictured below:


  • Notice that the google logo has been moved to the top-right.

image


So my question is, what is the legality of this modification? The app is intended for a public usage, and I don't want to hide the Google logo behind my stuff. (The project would be impossible without them)

Reading from the Google API terms-of-service , it looks like as long as the logo itself is not modified, and is still clearly visible, it is NOT against the TOS.

Am I right in this assumption?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire