jeudi 30 juillet 2020

Diagnosing why all calls to *.dev resolve to localhost on a particular machine

MacBook Pro (Catalina, 10.15.6) ...

When I browse to any website with the TLD of .dev (e.g. https://lando.dev) on this machine (and only this machine) I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Pinging that URL shows me that *.dev URLs are trying to hit 127.0.0.1 but I cannot figure out why:

ping lando.dev                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2729ms  Thu Jul 30 10:27:25 2020
PING lando.dev (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.040 ms

ping foobar.dev                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2729ms  Thu Jul 30 10:27:25 2020
PING foobar.dev (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.052 ms

Things that might be relevant:

  • /etc/hosts does not appear to be the culprit; the string ".dev" does not even appear
  • I do have docker for mac installed, but I have this issue wether or not docker is running
  • Its certainly possible that i set SOMETHING up SOMEWHERE in the past (before .dev was a TLD) but I haven't the slightest idea where
  • I have a nearly identical machine with the same corporate proxy nonsense setup without this issue (on the same network). Additionally, this machine has the same issue on all networks.

Anyone have an idea how to diagnose where my issue is?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire