jeudi 27 octobre 2016

What's Wrong With W3Schools and Why Should They Be Avoided?

The Issue

From time to time, in various searches throughout the last few months, I have seen references denigrating W3Schools by various commenters on posts on the Stack Exchange networks. The comments left often are one-liners advising

"stay away from W3Schools"
"You shouldn't be using W3Schools"
"Avoid W3Schools", etc.

I researched it and found a website W3Fools.com. It appears that up until about 3 years ago, W3Schools was riddled with "documentation errors". According to W3Fools, W3Schools have improved their documentation and the quality of their code.

MyExperience

I've been using W3Schools for the past 3 years, despite the "warnings", and have not had any inaccuracy problems. All the code usually works in the Try-It editor, and if it doesn't, it is because of something I did.

I believe at one time there may have been severe inaccuracy issues with W3Schools, and I am not trying to downplay the annoying experiences some may have had. But, I personally, have never had this experience.

My Question

My question then is this:

I there any valid, demonstrable reason ANYMORE to be afraid of W3Schools?

NOTE: This is NOT an opinion piece. Please post anecdotes, quotes, or links to online documentation that supports your reply or comment. Thanks.

Any help is appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire