vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Windows user and Linux Web Project

I would like to gather here some opinions on what development pipeline to select to efficiently develop a Linux Web Project, if I am a Windows user and developer. Here are couple of possibilities but some has its cons and pros:



  • Develop everything on Windows and then port for Linux. Disadvantage is, that porting Windows project to Linxu will cost time and resources, which might be avoided, if I would develop within Linux.

  • Install Virtual Machine. I will be still within windows, but be developing under Linux. Virtual Machine is usually a bit slower which is not very comfortable while programming

  • Install a Linux machine and develop everything there. Here, the main disadvantages are, that I have to run two physical machines, which might be unnecessary. I will miss tools which I normally use within Windows.


I would like to know from efficient developer, what is reliable and most efficient pipeline to develop web applications running on Linux (LAMP) if the developer is comfortable Within Windows OS.


I will use:



  • HTML5

  • JavaScript

  • PHP

  • CSS3

  • MySQL

  • JQuery

  • Windows: WAMP

  • Linux: LAMP


Thanks in advance.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire